Make the WhisperBack reports more helpdesk-friendly
by default, if, in the body of an email, there is a line like this one :
("-- "), Thunderbird see the rest of the message as a signature. unfortunately there is a line like that in the whisperback reports, so it doesn't quote it when replying. That make it uneasy to forward the logs to FT or to point the user to some parts of the logs.
We should empty those lines e.g.
mail_appended_info function in source:config/chroot_local-includes/etc/whisperback/config.py is probably the best place to do that.
This change be initially tested without building a Tails ISO: patch code in a running Tails and send a bug report that asks our help desk to confirm whether it's better for them.
#10 Updated by email@example.com over 1 year ago
Well, I used my mail address in case you would reply to it. :-)
Here is the patch I used to send the error report.
#11 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from CyrilBrulebois to firstname.lastname@example.org
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
re.sub(r'--\s', ''is too broad IMO: any reason not to anchor this with
^as suggested in the ticket description?
- Note that this ticket was assigned to Cyril. In the future, when working on a ticket that's already assigned to someone, please coordinate with them in order to avoid duplicated work :)
- This being said, well, what's done is done, Cyril has plenty of other Tails work on his plate, and you're pretty close to a mergeable fix, so if you could complete this work in time for the 3.8 release (deadline: June 19), it would be sweet!
#12 Updated by email@example.com over 1 year ago
- File 0001-bugfix-15468-make-reports-helpdesk-friendly.patch View added
- Assignee changed from firstname.lastname@example.org to intrigeri
Here is a new patch using the regex from the bug description.
I'll get in touch with the assignee next time.