Intel VAAPI: Playing video with Totem freezes the system
In Tails 3.6.1 User gets system frozen when playing an MKV video in totem with a graphic card:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
User claims this problem does not happen in Debian.
In Tails Troubleshooting mode, videos work, although slow.
Videos worked fine in Tails 3.5.
intrigeri: i'll forward you the (full) log.
Bug report: 63f7ce65e89a8e86d1695510d07bc137
#3 Updated by intrigeri almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to emmapeel
- Target version set to Tails_3.7
- QA Check set to Info Needed
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/15433-GNOME-settings-vs-VA-API
This should be fixed in https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_bugfix-15433-gnome-settings-vs-va-api/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/. Can you please get the user to confirm?
#6 Updated by intrigeri almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from emmapeel to anonym
- Target version changed from Tails_3.7 to Tails_3.6.2
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check changed from Info Needed to Ready for QA
The user says it's fixed on this branch.