With an ISO build with 8dd945efef3e4f47f11742862cf34b098ae42cc2
- Boot from USB with network and admin password with no configured persistent storage
- Install a package with APT
- Confirm you want to create the persistent storage
- Enter passphrases and confirm
- Wait for t-p-s to finish and close it
live-persist rightfully detects it's not 0644 on next boot and disable ASP.
#3 Updated by bertagaz over 1 year ago
config/chroot_local-patches/tps-14594-asp-gui.diffhas code to make it 0644. I'll take a look today or tomorrow!
Yesh, that's why I've set this ticket as new. I'm not quite sure of what's is happening, and I'm surprised given what I vaguely understand from the t-p-s patch, so I wonder if I'm messing up. But I have this failure with the automated test and I can reproduce it by hand.
#4 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from T-p-s does not create live-additional-software.conf with the right permissions to live-additional-software.conf is given wrong permissions when it's updated by tails-additional-software
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to alant
I've reproduced this but I believe that t-p-s is not at fault: if I create a persistent storage with t-p-s, the file has correct permissions (0644). So I'm inclined to blame
_write_config in our Python library. Feel free to reassign to me if you see that the permissions are wrong after t-p-s exits but before your code touches the file.