Stop shipping python-qt4 that is no longer required
Potential regression since #15022:
config/chroot_local-packageslists/tails-common.list says we install
Enable Electrum's Qt GUI. I believe it's wrong since electrum 3.0.6-1~bpo9+1 Recommends: python3-pyqt5 and has no dependency on Qt4.
We should check if we still need this package. If it's pulled by something else that needs it anyway, let's remove it from the list. If it's not pulled automatically but we need it, let's update the comment. If we don't need it, let's remove it from the list.
#2 Updated by intrigeri almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Check what to do with python-qt4 to Stop shipping python-qt4 that is no longer required
- Type of work changed from Research to Code
FYI on Tails 3.6.1 nothing depends on that package and removing it frees 14.0 MB disk space (uncompressed). Deinstalling its no longer required dependencies frees another 24.5 MB disk space (uncompressed). And then Electrum still starts.
#6 Updated by intrigeri almost 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to anonym
- % Done changed from 10 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
FWIW this saves 8MB on the resulting ISO size. I've run the full test suite and only failures are:
- "features/additional_software_packages.feature:8 # Scenario: Additional software packages are installed even without network": never seen it pass locally
- "features/torified_gnupg.feature:31 # Scenario: Syncing OpenPGP keys using Seahorse should work and be done over Tor.": I've heard on XMPP about the keyserver having issues
- "features/torified_gnupg.feature:43 # Scenario: Syncing OpenPGP keys using Seahorse started from the OpenPGP Applet should work and be done over Tor.": same as above