Bug #12146: Tails installed using dd is not seen as a bootable device on MacBook Pro
Test if a DVD works on a Mac where a dd Tails is not recognized
#4 Updated by sajolida over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from sajolida to intrigeri
- QA Check set to Info Needed
I did that on our MacBook Pro:
- A USB stick installed using dd is not seen as a bootable device.
- A DVD is seen as a bootable device. Tails starts with syslinux.
- A USB stick installed using Tails Installer is seen as a bootable device.
I'm not exactly sure why we created this ticket (probably at the installation sprint)...
intrigeri: Do you remember better than me? :)
#5 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to sajolida
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check deleted (
I assume we created this ticket in order to have more options for #15025: we've closed that ticket with a commit that suggests installing from Windows, but some macOS users have access to a DVD writer more easily than to a Windows system.