In the GPT layout, a backup of the partition table is located in the last sector of the disk. This is not the case after the USB image is copied to a device, because the image (most probably) has a different size than the device. The plan is to fix this in initramfs during the first boot of the device.
#8 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to segfault
- Target version changed from Tails_3.10.1 to Tails_3.11
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Info Needed
Please reassign to me once you think it's ready for a review & tell me how I can test this.
Postponing to 3.11 as you've requested on XMPP :)
#9 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from segfault to intrigeri
- Target version changed from Tails_3.11 to Tails_3.10.1
- QA Check changed from Info Needed to Ready for QA
Update by segfault: this is probably ready to be reviewed and https://gitlab.com/segfault3/tails-usb-image-from-iso explains how to test it.