"Tor check" button is badly aligned and looks buggy
See screenshots in attachment.
This is a big hack and it started falling apart. Fixing the CSS for real would be a pain and I think we should instead either:
- Remove it. That's easy :)
- Replace it with something that won't break:
- A button or link in the body of /home
- Something in sidebar.mdwn but that would only be displayed on /home through some CSS filter.
Fix the display of the "Tor check" button on /home (Will-fix: #15312)
Instead of displaying it on top of the "Install" button, we're not
displaying it instead of the "Install" button.
- Related to Bug #15311: "Tor check" broken on Spanish translation added
- Description updated (diff)
We could also try to implement a redirection of some sort to see how many people actually use this. Depending on the results we might consider getting rid of it completely.
- Related to Feature #12003: Set a warning message in RCs and alpha releases added
- Related to Feature #14922: Integrate download metrics in the new download page added
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Target version set to Tails_3.13
I did this in af1a8b568a.
I should ask for stats when working on #14922.
- Related to Bug #16009: Metrics for USB Image added
I compute this on the logs I'll get for #16009.
- Target version changed from Tails_3.13 to Tails_3.14
- Blocks Feature #16080: Core work 2018Q4 → 2019Q2: User experience added
# zegrep "GET /home/index\...\.html HTTP\/2.0\" 200 [0-9]+ \"-\" \"Mozilla/5.0 \(Windows NT 6.1; rv:60.0\) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0\"" access.log.*.gz | wc -l
# zegrep "\"GET /install/check/ HTTP/2.0\" 200 [0-9]+ \"https://tails.boum.org/home/index\...\.html\" \"Mozilla/5.0 \(Windows NT 6.1; rv:60.0\) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0\"" access.log.*.gz | wc -l
It seems like actually a lot of people (at least 10%) use this button and we can't get rid of it like that.
Instead of fixing this bug reliably, I think it'll be much easier to come up with a new design for this feature.
- Target version changed from Tails_3.14 to Tails_3.15
- Blocks deleted (Feature #16080: Core work 2018Q4 → 2019Q2: User experience)
- Related to Feature #16688: Core work 2019Q3 → 2019Q4: User experience added
- Related to deleted (Feature #16688: Core work 2019Q3 → 2019Q4: User experience)
- Blocks Feature #16688: Core work 2019Q3 → 2019Q4: User experience added
- Target version changed from Tails_3.15 to Tails_3.16
- Status changed from In Progress to Needs Validation
- Assignee deleted (
- Feature Branch set to web/15312-fix-tor-check
- Assignee set to intrigeri
- Status changed from Needs Validation to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
Also available in: Atom