Activate Spanish on our website
The main weblate git repo is at:
but it has files from many languages and a changed ikiwiki.setup file (to be able to create language files).
The Spanish files there are OK, but there are also other files on that repo.
My suggestion is:
- Check out Tails master and the translate repo
- Copy the Spanish translation files from the latter to the former. Commit.
- Change the ikiwiki setup file and others to add Spanish. Commit
- Build the wiki. Commit.
After this, the weblate repo should have tails master merged and changes on the Spanish files will have to go through the normal translator git workflow until we fix the weblate-git plugs
#2 Updated by emmapeel about 2 years ago
- Feature Branch set to emmapeel:feature-15192-activate-spanish
Ok, I have:
- copied the .es.po files to Tails master repo and made a branch out of it:
I did it with the command:
find . -depth -type f -name '*.es.po' | cpio --pass-through --preserve-modification-time --make-directories --verbose onlyspanishfolder
- changed the ikiwiki configuration and ./build the website, which added some more new files, also committed to the branch
- the website builds ok in my laptop, with spanish files on!!!
#4 Updated by Anonymous about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to emmapeel
I built emmapeel's branch correclty but it seems I need firstname.lastname@example.org to intervene. Two days ago I sent them an email but received no reply. intrigeri proposed to handle this issue instead of me. Reassigning to emmapeel so she can talk to whoever needs to be involved to make this happen.
#5 Updated by intrigeri about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from emmapeel to intrigeri
I'll handle it. Ideally during this cycle, but I cannot promise it (last time it was hours of work, partly because the branch I was given was incomplete and had broken stuff, but I trust it'll be better this time :)
#8 Updated by emmapeel about 2 years ago
OK, I have a branch for you: is the branch es at https://0xacab.org/emmapeel/weblate.git
It is passing the check_po and builds the wiki
(it has some files for the gitlabconf)