Problem connecting to the AP with a RTL8723BE wireless card.
Since a few months, several users reported having troubles connecting with Realtek RTL8723BE chipsets. At first, I put that on a poor support of this chipset (http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=131923 or https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=208472...), but given the number of reports I think that, if that's the case, an entry in the nown issue would be a good thing.
the last user reporting the error is not familiar at all with computers, but from what I understood, the wireless card is recognized, the module is loaded, but Network Manager doesn't show any networks available.
This user sent a whisperback report.
Document how to troubleshoot issues with RTL8723be Wi-Fi adapter (refs: #15070)
#1 Updated by intrigeri about 2 years ago
- Category set to Hardware support
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to cbrownstein
- Target version set to Tails_3.5
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to doc/15070-rtl8723be
- Type of work changed from Research to End-user documentation
Hi Cody! Could you please review my branch? If not, please reassign to sajolida :)
#3 Updated by cbrownstein about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from cbrownstein to intrigeri
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
On some computers with a RTL8723be Wi-Fi adapter, Tails may fail to discover Wi-Fi networks, provide unreliable Wi-Fi connections, or poor Wi-Fi performance.
I changed this sentence a bit. Otherwise, it can be read to mean that Tails may fail to discover; may fail to provide unreliable Wi-Fi connections; or may fail to poor Wi-Fi performance [sic].