Perl code & consulting for the GUI. (B4)
Preliminary release date for the BETA: April 15th 2018.
The order of priority between these tasks is:
implement the API needed by
tails-additional-software apt-postso that Alan can keep working on his side:
create persistent volume with ASP enabled enable ASP display config return 0 iff. success
fix graphics bug: rectangle filled with black where the list of settings was, after configuring persistence, in the "Finished" window
- #15259: Add button in tails-persistence-setup to open the configuration interface of Additional Software
- #6485: Support multiple persistent paths per preset in the persistent volume assistant
- #15314: Replace custom widget button in persistent wizard with standard GNOME switches
- #15280: Reorder persistence features
- #15313: Apply changes to persistent features without the need for a Save button
Import current tails-persistence-setup and tails-perl5lib for ASP GUI (refs: #14595)
- tails-perl5lib:feature/14594-asp-gui at commit
- tails-persistence-setup:feature/14594-asp-gui at commit
Import tails-perl5lib for ASP GUI at commit 9f0f2aee07bd407bb58b2819936ec539b8a84879 (refs: #14595)
Import tails-persistence-setup at commit 7e2829fb5dae16c695098a17c930ac97571b2bb3 (refs: #14595)
Fix build failure by breaking cyclic dependency (refs: #14595)
This reverts commit e0b24a215182fe386ce2940639b115039cdfadaa
and ensures we remove python3-setuptools later on.
Otherwise there's a cyclic dependency situation: to install tailslib in
config/chroot_local-hooks/00-install-tailslib we need to install
python3-setuptools, which triggers the APT hook for ASP, which depends on
tailslib to be available already.
#12 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to sajolida
- QA Check set to Info Needed
- Affected tool deleted (
Additional Software Packages)
Added as the top priority the main task that was part of this ticket when we designed this project (and that justified the time budget I requested): it won't magically happen for free :)
Actually I don't know how you rank #6485 since you did not put it on the list, it has no "Deliverable for" and it's not marked as a blocker of this ticket. I'll start working on this ticket tomorrow so it's kinda urgent that you tell me. In doubt, if I don't get an answer by then, I'll start working on #15259 which is a must anyway.
#28 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Everything I had to do is done including all SHOULD items and all-but-one MAY items:
- See the ticket description and subtasks for details.
- As expected, the bonus #15313 won't fit into my time budget; it's way outside of the scope of what I've committed to do on this project anyway so no big deal.
- Until I'm told what else I should do or fix (e.g. when my team-mates work on automated tests, code review, documentation and UX testing) I'll put this project on the back burner: mission^Witeration accomplished!
- Alan will consult me regarding the design on a security boundary for the Additional Software config GUI.
- Everything seems to work well when tested manually. I'm running the full automated test suite to ensure I did not introduce regressions elsewhere. We'll know more once automated tests specific to the new features are written.
- I've notified segfault that he can start his code review (#14598).
#33 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Given all the requested work was done + we have other tickets for the code review and follow-up fixes after user testing, I don't see any point in keeping this ticket open and I think we can call this completed in our next report to the sponsor.