Add VeraCrypt support to Tails
Type of work:
#5 Updated by intrigeri over 1 year ago
Comments on the updated plan as encoded in Redmine:
- Great job, congrats! Your attention to detail is appreciated :)
- Please add pointers to the parent ticket for each iteration on the blueprint.
- I think the tests for the first iteration (#15238) should be written earlier than 3.9: ideally we would have them when we submit the code upstream or merge the code for the beta (#14481), and latest at the end of June. Once #15238 has been retargeted I think #15214 (iteration 1) can also be moved to 3.8 or even 3.7.
- The 3.9 milestone looks super scary because it has both stuff about finishing/polishing/releasing the first iteration and almost everything about the next 3 iterations. In order to make this view more usable I think we need a way to differentiate these 34 tickets from each other with metadata. For example, for every ticket that currently targets 3.9 (or maybe every VeryCrypt ticket actually?), you could:
- downgrade everything about iterations 3 and 4 to Low priority
- upgrade everything that's about iteration 1 or a "MUST do so we can tell the sponsor we're done" to Elevated priority
- leave tickets that are about iteration 2 as normal priority
- We'll need to discuss this new timeline with the sponsor (mostly a reminder to myself).