Feature #5630: Reproducible builds
/usr/local/lib/tor-browser/omni.ja embeds build timestamp
I guess this reproducibility regression was caused by the hacks we had to do for Tor Browser 7.0.
#1 Updated by anonym over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
- Target version set to Tails_3.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/12620-omni.ja-reproducibility-fix
The feature branch fixes this for me locally. Please review'n'merge into testing!
#2 Updated by intrigeri over 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 60
I'm not quite sure why we need
strip_nondeterminism_wrapper since we already set the correct timestamp on each modified file before including it in
omni.ja, but whatever: code review passes! Set up https://jenkins.tails.boum.org/job/reproducibly_build_Tails_ISO_bugfix-12620-omni.ja-reproducibility-fix/ to check reproducibility.