Translations of the Installer are not applied
Tested on 3.0~rc1, in French and Spanish: no string is translated in the GUI.
#1 Updated by intrigeri almost 3 years ago
On 3.0~beta2, 3.0~beta3 and 3.0~beta4, at least some strings are translated into French.
Now, I've noticed that the POT file used on Transifex seems wrong or outdated, e.g. it has the "Target Device" string while our code now uses "Target Device:". I suspect this explains at least part of this problem and will check with the Tor Transifex admins what's going on.
#3 Updated by intrigeri almost 3 years ago
But that won't be enough, e.g. I see the "Install Tails" button is correctly translated in Git since 2015-10, but it's not translated in the UI (3.0~rc1, 3.0~beta2), and
msgunfmt confirms the MO file has the correct translation, so there's clearly a bug somewhere in our code.
#5 Updated by intrigeri almost 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to anonym
- % Done changed from 10 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to liveusb-creator.git:bugfix/12588-i18n-gtkbuilder
- Type of work changed from Research to Code
Regarding the bug: the code using GtkBuilder forgot to set a text domain, please review'n'merge!
Regarding the POT file vs. Transifex: I'll track this separately.
#7 Updated by anonym almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to 11
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
Looks good, merged! I built and uploaded 4.4.15+dfsg-0tails2 to testing, so that part is done for the 3.0 release process. You're welcome! :)