Feature #5630: Reproducible builds
Test failures on Jenkins due to lack of disk space
The branches based on the reproducible builds one fail some tests: https://jenkins.tails.boum.org/job/test_Tails_ISO_bugfix-11971-fontconfig-cache-in-iso/3/cucumberTestReport/. I think I got the snapshots (re-)ordering wrong when working on #12354. anonym, could you please take a look and fix it? The same tests pass on feature/stretch.
Test suite: run emergency_shutdown.feature after usb_*.feature (refs: #12565).
Otherwise it eats so much storage that usb_*.feature fail to create their
#2 Updated by intrigeri almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Type of work changed from Code to Sysadmin
When the first failure happens (
Scenario: Tails erases memory and shuts down on USB boot medium removal: persistent data), ~14G are used, mostly due to:
And there's only 1.2G free in
/tmp/TailsToaster, which is not enough to dump the memory. Reordering features might help other scenarios pass but the scenario I'm discussing here will always require all these snapshots and disks to be available, so it cannot be fixed by reordering => I see no other choice than giving isotesters a bit more space in
/tmp/TailsToaster. I'll do it right away.
#6 Updated by intrigeri almost 3 years ago
- % Done changed from 20 to 30
Grown the ramdisk to 18G: I've just realized that we have no tests (on feature/stretch) that use a VM with 8GB of RAM, so we can give more space to TailsToaster without allocating more RAM to isotesters. Hopefully that'll be enough!
#7 Updated by intrigeri almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 30 to 100
https://jenkins.tails.boum.org/job/test_Tails_ISO_feature-stretch/4/console has passed the features I would expect to fail due to disk space reasons. Let's reopen if the problem reappears, and forget about the topic branch.
#8 Updated by intrigeri almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
- Assignee set to intrigeri
- Target version changed from Tails_3.0~rc1 to Tails_3.0
- % Done changed from 100 to 50
#9 Updated by intrigeri almost 3 years ago
If https://jenkins.tails.boum.org/job/test_Tails_ISO_bugfix-12565-reorder-features/1/console fixes this problem I'll merge that branch, otherwise I'll grow the tmpfs again.