Disable web search in the Unsafe Browser's address bar
Original feature request: https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-support/2017-May/001330.html
The user wants to avoid leaking mistyped URLs to the default search engine (Google) e.g. your LAN's router's IP address.
Implementation: set the pref
keyword.enabled = false.
Unsafe Browser: disable searching in the address bar.
It can result in leaking hosts and credentials to the default search
#3 Updated by anonym almost 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
- Target version set to Tails_3.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to bugfix/12540-disable-search-in-unsafe-browser
- Type of work changed from Discuss to Code
Solving this at the same time as #12573. Please reveiew'n'merge into testing!