Test /install/debian/usb on Linux Mint 19
Type of work:
And create a ticket for the next one :)
- Subject changed from Test /install/debian/usb on Linux Mint 18.1 Serena to Test /install/debian/usb on Linux Mint 19
- Target version changed from Tails_3.0~rc1 to Tails_3.5
18.1 Serena is a minor version. Let's instead check this for the next major version which should be after 18.04 (Ubuntu LTS).
- Target version changed from Tails_3.5 to Tails_3.6
Looks like this won't be ready for 3.5.
- Blocks Feature #14758: Core work 2017Q4 → 2018Q1: Technical writing added
- Target version changed from Tails_3.6 to Tails_3.8
- Blocks Feature #15411: Core work 2018Q2 → 2018Q3: Technical writing added
- Blocks deleted (Feature #14758: Core work 2017Q4 → 2018Q1: Technical writing)
- Target version changed from Tails_3.8 to Tails_3.9
I downloaded Linux Mint 19 Beta. Next, I should test installing Tails from it.
There's at least one thing to change: Software Sources needs to be open from the main menu and not from Software Manager anymore.
But I couldn't test the scenario fully because I couldn't make Software Sources work behind my HTTP proxy.
I'll try again later next week.
- Assignee changed from sajolida to cbrownstein
- Priority changed from Normal to Elevated
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to doc/12534-linux-mint-19
Here is a branch.
Cody, please have a look!
I see now that Linux Mint has been released already, so marking this as Elevated.
Ah, and please don't go through the hassle of downloading and testing the new instructions on Mint. Please only have a look at the text and the branch.
- Assignee changed from cbrownstein to sajolida
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
I'm not sure if this is deliberate or not, but "Make sure that you are connected to the Internet" is in its own list of steps and is the only step in the list. Since I'm not sure if that's deliberate, I'm noting it here.
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- Priority changed from Elevated to Normal
- QA Check deleted (
Yeah.... That's the best I could find and I think it's fine. I'm merging!
Also available in: Atom