Type of work:
Even before doing a big plan for redesign and restructuring the whole thing, adding a screenshot might help people grasp what Tails is.
#1 Updated by Anonymous over 2 years ago
- Type of work changed from Website to Discuss
- Discuss what we want to show here: do we want a screenshot of the desktop, eventually having some open windows like TorBrowser, OnionShare, Tails Installer, Pidgin, Thunderbird?
- Discuss if we want to show multiple images instead / Slider / Carousel style
- Discuss where we want to show that/these image(s)
- Do it!
#6 Updated by sajolida over 2 years ago
Discussed during the August 2017 monthly meeting:
- There is consensus on adding it: it's a well established best practice for software homepages.
- Better do it now with a very simple thing and make it fancier later than let it rot
- u volonteers to create a laptop svg to put the screenshot in (but not integrating it). OTOH She also thinks it's a good idea to leave that as a task for tails-project or tails-ux, to use as a starter for a first contribution to Tails.
- The person working on it should come up with proposals of what to display, with mockups if needed
- The laptop SVG should have an usb stick in it, visible, maybe with Tails logo
- screenshots should show desktop, tor browser, persistence, glider or even email/chat, openpgp-applet... What's making Tails Tails.