Clarify error message when the Unsafe Browser was launched without network connection
Type of work:
User interface design
When the Unsafe Browser was launch without network connection, the error message say:
"No DNS server was obtained through DHCP or manually configured in NetworkManager."
It should be too complicated for some users.
I propose to add a sentence at the beginning of the message who say that the computer is not connect to a network.
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee set to anonym
- Type of work changed from Code to Discuss
Do we want to have different messages in case there's no DNS and no connection to Internet?
IMO this should instead have type of work = user interface design, and then next step is to sum up the problem and ask the UX team for advice.
- Related to Bug #12269: "Tor is not ready" should not pop up when opening local documentation added
- Assignee deleted (
- Type of work changed from Discuss to User interface design
- Subject changed from Clarify error message when the Unsafe Browser was launch without network connection to Clarify error message when the Unsafe Browser was launched without network connection
- Related to Feature #14544: Spend software developer time on smallish UX improvements added
- Assignee set to sajolida
- Target version set to Tails_4.2
- Blocks Feature #16688: Core work 2019Q3 → 2019Q4: User experience added
- Target version deleted (
- Blocks Feature #17246: Core work 2020Q1 → 2020Q2: User experience added
- Blocks deleted (Feature #16688: Core work 2019Q3 → 2019Q4: User experience)
Also available in: Atom