Feature #10972: Port Tails to ARM platforms
APT snapshots: add arm64 architecture
As discussed in feature 10972 port tails to arm, note 51 (see https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10972#note-51) please enable armhf and arm64 on APT snapshots.
Currently only armhf is required to test and adapt the live-build for arm, I have no arm64 platform.
#1 Updated by intrigeri over 2 years ago
- Category set to Infrastructure
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Type of work changed from Code to Sysadmin
Sure. I'll try to do it this month, although I have higher priority items on my list.
Meanwhile, you may want to context-switch to other blockers for ARM, e.g. building the Tor Browser.
#3 Updated by intrigeri over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- source + all + amd64 + i386 = 73+124+178+158 = 533 GB
- armhf = 123 GB
- arm64 = 108 GB
- adding armhf only requires roughly (533+123)/533 => 23% more storage space
- adding both armhf and arm64 requires roughly (533+123+108)/533 => 43% more storage space
Next step: check if this fits with our plans (#11806) or if we need to do something else, e.g. revisit our storage planning or make it so the ARM builds use the regular Debian archive instead of our snapshots.
#5 Updated by intrigeri over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Please enable arm on APT snapshots to Consider enabling arm on APT snapshots
- Target version set to Tails_2.12
anonym and I will get arm hardware soon. I would like to first try preparing a branch that does not require having APT snapshots for arm, which is currently blocked by #10972#note-61.