Florence systray icon sometimes does not show up
Seen it several times in Jenkins: sometimes tests fails at the "desktop is ready" step because the Florence systray does not even shows up.
First time this error happens in Jenkins is in 2016 August 25, so it's unlikely that it is related to the introduction of #8312, which was merged a few days after that (on the 29th).
It seems to happen quite often in Jenkins.
Might be that the icon is invisible, but the Florence keyboard is still accessible by clicking on its systray zone, as mentioned in #11479.
- Related to Bug #8312: Better integrate Florence within GNOME Shell, or replace it added
- Related to Bug #11479: "the Tails desktop is ready" step is fragile due to buggy display of Florence systray icon added
- Category set to Test suite
- Related to Bug #12385: The virtual keyboard in the Greeter allows to type only a limited set of keys added
I have run into this issue when I run 3.0 in a virt-manager VM. I can't click on any invisible icon though, there is nothing happening. No, apparently this is totally unrelated. Forget about it.
- Related to deleted (Bug #12385: The virtual keyboard in the Greeter allows to type only a limited set of keys)
I have this when I run 3.0 in a virt-manager VM.
OK, please send a WhisperBack report then :)
- Affected tool set to On-screen keyboard
- Status changed from Confirmed to Fix committed
- Target version set to Tails_3.2
We don't ship Florence anymore (#8281) and the GNOME on-screen keyboard has no such bug.
- Status changed from Fix committed to Resolved
Also available in: Atom