Feature #15292: Distribute a USB image
Bug #16006: USB image: adjust documentation
Bug #16007: Document the usage of graphical dd tools
Document Etcher to install Tails from macOS
- Related to Feature #8559: Make Tails Installer work on OS X added
- Related to Feature #10639: Test how the ISO image is displayed in Mac Disk Utility added
- Target version changed from 2016 to 2017
- Target version changed from 2017 to 2018
- Description updated (diff)
- Related to Feature #6319: Restructure the documentation on Mac support added
- Related to Feature #8802: Investigate graphical tools for manual installation on Mac added
- Subject changed from Have a cheap graphical installation method for Mac OSX to Have a cheap graphical installation method for macOS
Is this still something we want to spend time on? I suspect we'd better focus on #15292, given a GUI installation method won't be enough to fix all the major blockers on macOS.
- Subject changed from Have a cheap graphical installation method for macOS to Document Etcher to install Tails from macOS
We decided to document Etcher for macOS so I'm renaming this ticket accordingly.
It's still worth spending some time on this because we could actually document Etcher even before we have #15292, though I doubt we'll do it.
I also updated our roadmap to match this (/contribute/roadmap).
- Parent task set to #15660
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Target version changed from 2018 to Tails_3.10.1
The deadline for that is October 31 → 3.10.
- Parent task changed from #15660 to #16007
- Target version changed from Tails_3.10.1 to Tails_3.11
- Assignee changed from sajolida to cbrownstein
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to doc/11682-15808-etcher
The instructions are ready. There's still lots of cleaning to do, feel free to comment about this if you want but I already have a big list on my side :)
- Assignee changed from cbrownstein to sajolida
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
Everything looks good to me!
Excellent, I merged this branch into doc/15660-usb-images. Thanks for the quick review!
Excellent, I merged this branch into doc/15660-usb-images.
So I'm deleting doc/11682-15808-etcher (otherwise Jenkins will keep building it for weeks).
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check deleted (
Also available in: Atom