Project

General

Profile

Bug #11531

git.tails.boum.org disallows some characters in refs

Added by anonym almost 3 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Infrastructure
Target version:
Start date:
06/14/2016
Due date:
% Done:

100%

QA Check:
Pass
Feature Branch:
Type of work:
Code
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:

Description

It refuses my debian/1%45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1 tag (and all of Debian upstream's debian/* tags for icedove):

$ git push origin debian/1%45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1
Counting objects: 1, done.
Writing objects: 100% (1/1), 816 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 1 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: FATAL: invalid characters in ref or filename: 'refs/tags/debian/1%45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1'
remote: 
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/tags/debian/1%45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1
To tails@git.tails.boum.org:icedove
 ! [remote rejected] debian/1%45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1 -> debian/1%45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1 (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'tails@git.tails.boum.org:icedove'

That is a legal ref name according to:
git check-ref-format debian/1%45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1

What about changing whatever overzealous hook we have to use git check-ref-format instead of what currently is deployed?

Associated revisions

Revision 7bd282c0 (diff)
Added by anonym over 2 years ago

Document workaround for Icedove vs #11531.

Refs: #11531

Revision 403d048f (diff)
Added by intrigeri over 2 years ago

Fix typo.

With the previous changes to that page, this closes: #11531

History

#1 Updated by bertagaz almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 10
  • Type of work changed from Sysadmin to Wait

I've sent an email to the collective who is hosting this Git repositories. We don't have the ability to change this hooks by ourselves sadly.

#2 Updated by bertagaz almost 3 years ago

  • Type of work changed from Wait to Research

bertagaz wrote:

I've sent an email to the collective who is hosting this Git repositories. We don't have the ability to change this hooks by ourselves sadly.

According to them, it's part of gitolite internal update hook:

https://github.com/sitaramc/gitolite/blob/master/src/lib/Gitolite/Conf/Load.pm#L85 and https://github.com/sitaramc/gitolite/blob/master/src/lib/Gitolite/Rc.pm#L50

They rightfully think this should be fixed upstream, after finding out why $REF_OR_FILENAME_PATT is set this way.

I'll look into it and report upstream on their mailing list (only place where they accept contributions).

Meanwhile, shall we investigate where to host the icedove repo?

#3 Updated by anonym almost 3 years ago

bertagaz wrote:

bertagaz wrote:

I've sent an email to the collective who is hosting this Git repositories. We don't have the ability to change this hooks by ourselves sadly.

According to them, it's part of gitolite internal update hook:

https://github.com/sitaramc/gitolite/blob/master/src/lib/Gitolite/Conf/Load.pm#L85 and https://github.com/sitaramc/gitolite/blob/master/src/lib/Gitolite/Rc.pm#L50

They rightfully think this should be fixed upstream, after finding out why $REF_OR_FILENAME_PATT is set this way.

I'll look into it and report upstream on their mailing list (only place where they accept contributions).

Thanks for doing this!

Meanwhile, shall we investigate where to host the icedove repo?

Nah, I've just push the tag without the 1% part, i.e. debian/45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1. If someone wants to build, they'll have to

git tag debian/1%45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1 debian/45.1.0-1_deb8u1+tails1

or something.

When the fix is deployed, reassign this ticket to me, and I'll push the proper tag and close this ticket.

#4 Updated by bertagaz almost 3 years ago

anonym wrote:

Meanwhile, shall we investigate where to host the icedove repo?

When the fix is deployed, reassign this ticket to me, and I'll push the proper tag and close this ticket.

Ack will do. Good to know it's no emergency. :)

#5 Updated by bertagaz almost 3 years ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_2.5 to Tails_2.6

#6 Updated by anonym over 2 years ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_2.6 to Tails_2.7

#7 Updated by bertagaz over 2 years ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_2.7 to Tails_2.9.1

#8 Updated by intrigeri over 2 years ago

Frankly, I doubt this will ever get fixed: immerda folks are focussing on the migration to GitLab, so I see little chance that they spend time on the Gitolite setup. I suggest you let our icedove folks know, so that they can tweak their gbp config or use whatever workaround they prefer, and then close this ticket. I've not heard about follow-ups to "I'll look into it and report upstream on their mailing list (only place where they accept contributions)." for 6 months anyway, so let's be realistic and stop postponing this to the next release.

#9 Updated by anonym over 2 years ago

  • Target version changed from Tails_2.9.1 to Tails 2.10

#10 Updated by intrigeri over 2 years ago

  • Assignee changed from bertagaz to anonym
  • Type of work changed from Research to Code

intrigeri wrote:

Frankly, I doubt this will ever get fixed: immerda folks are focussing on the migration to GitLab, so I see little chance that they spend time on the Gitolite setup. I suggest you let our icedove folks know, so that they can tweak their gbp config or use whatever workaround they prefer, and then close this ticket. I've not heard about follow-ups to "I'll look into it and report upstream on their mailing list (only place where they accept contributions)." for 6 months anyway, so let's be realistic and stop postponing this to the next release.

anonym, can you workaround this (if not done yet) in icedove.git?

#11 Updated by anonym over 2 years ago

  • Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
  • % Done changed from 10 to 50
  • QA Check set to Ready for QA

intrigeri wrote:

intrigeri wrote:

Frankly, I doubt this will ever get fixed: immerda folks are focussing on the migration to GitLab, so I see little chance that they spend time on the Gitolite setup. I suggest you let our icedove folks know, so that they can tweak their gbp config or use whatever workaround they prefer, and then close this ticket. I've not heard about follow-ups to "I'll look into it and report upstream on their mailing list (only place where they accept contributions)." for 6 months anyway, so let's be realistic and stop postponing this to the next release.

anonym, can you workaround this (if not done yet) in icedove.git?

Renamed tags pushed. I've documented the workaround with 7bd282c0d6. Good enough?

#12 Updated by intrigeri over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

#13 Updated by intrigeri over 2 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (intrigeri)
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass

Also available in: Atom PDF