Bug #10288: Fix newly identified issues to make our test suite more robust and faster
"I close the Unsafe Browser" step is fragile
Video attached. I suspect that ctrl-q doesn't reach the right window, e.g. because it's emitted immediately after we close the notification area, and before GNOME Shell has had time to focus the browser's window. Perhaps we should explicitly focus it first?
Revert "Take into account that button ordering differs depending on the locale's text direction."
This reverts commit 6648c77d0df4ccfcf0f4a891e9ad41e426a676c4.
Test suite: remove obsolete fragile tag (refs: #11457)
This scenario never failed on Jenkins in the last 2 months.
#3 Updated by spriver over 2 years ago
- Assignee set to anonym
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch changed from test/11457-I-close-the-browser-is-fragile to spriver:feature/11457-closing-unsafe-browser-is-fragile
Done this by implementing clicking on the Unsafe Browser's icon on the start page.
#6 Updated by anonym over 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from anonym to spriver
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
When /^I close the Unsafe Browser$/ do + # Click on the picture on the start page to have the focus + # definitely in the Unsafe Browser before closing it + @screen.click('UnsafeBrowserHomepage.png') @screen.type("q", Sikuli::KeyModifier.CTRL) end
My only gripe here is that this step will only work if the Unsafe Browser's homepage is shown, and not if we have navigated to any other page. I suppose we currently only use this step in that situation, but it's good practice to avoid such surprising preconditions.
Normally how we deal with window detection and focusing is to have an image of the window title that we look for and click, respectively. It pains me to have us introduce more images, but I think that is the sensible solution here.
- Status changed from In Progress to Needs Validation
- Assignee changed from spriver to hefee
- Target version set to Tails_4.0
- Feature Branch changed from spriver:feature/11457-closing-unsafe-browser-is-fragile to https://salsa.debian.org/tails-team/tails/merge_requests/33