Feature #5926: Freezable APT repository
Write helper tools for APT repository freeze exceptions
Automate a part of the process to grant a freeze exception to a Debian package.
import-package: enable deb-src in the pbuilder chroot before relying on them.
#5 Updated by intrigeri over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to anonym
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Feature Branch set to feature/11448-freeze-exception-helper
I've automated the most painful and error-prone part of the process. The rest of the process is easy to follow, and rarely used anyway, so it didn't seem necessary to invest time into automating it.
To test the script, you may use
TARGET_DIST=playground, that is meant for such experiments :)
#10 Updated by anonym about 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from anonym to intrigeri
- % Done changed from 50 to 90
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Dev Needed
Code looks good, and my test worked (
cowsay is happily grazing in the
My only stumbling block was this: by default
pbuilder creates chroot:s where the
deb-src is commented out => the script fails. Please document that that line needs to be uncommented in the pbuilder chroot used for these instructions. Bonus points if you provide commands for how to do it with
pbuilder --login --save-after-login etc.
Feel free to merge this branch yourself after fixing the above.