Project

General

Profile

Bug #11386

Test suite: undefined local variable or method `force_new_tor_circuit'

Added by intrigeri over 3 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Test suite
Target version:
Start date:
04/29/2016
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Feature Branch:
Type of work:
Code
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:

Description

I see that:

  Scenario: whois(1) should work and go through Tor.                               # features/torified_misc.feature:21
    When I query the whois directory service for "torproject.org"                  # features/step_definitions/torified_misc.rb:1
      undefined local variable or method `force_new_tor_circuit' for #<Object:0x0000000384afc8> (NameError)
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:99:in `block in retry_tor'
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:128:in `call'
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:128:in `rescue in block in retry_action'
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:120:in `block in retry_action'
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:119:in `loop'
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:119:in `retry_action'
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:103:in `retry_tor'
      ./features/step_definitions/torified_misc.rb:2:in `/^I query the whois directory service for "([^"]+)"$/'
      features/torified_misc.feature:22:in `When I query the whois directory service for "torproject.org"'

Apparently 5dae96819691556a120400609616439d4cd83d91 removed force_new_tor_circuit, but either it was still used elsewhere, or there was a race with the merge of another branch that relied on it.

History

#1 Updated by anonym over 3 years ago

Yeah, I noticed this while working on #9521 so its branch contains a fix in a0103997c5c81686a68447a9846df5c3777c0230.

#2 Updated by intrigeri over 3 years ago

Yeah, I noticed this while working on #9521 so its branch contains a fix in a0103997c5c81686a68447a9846df5c3777c0230.

OK. I'm fine with blocking on #9521 to get this fix, but a quick review'n'merge to get this into 2.4 (in case #9521 doesn't) would be doable.

#3 Updated by intrigeri over 3 years ago

Note that I'm hitting this quite regularly these days, and thus have to re-run tests by hand.

#4 Updated by anonym over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to Fix committed
  • Assignee deleted (anonym)
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • QA Check set to Pass

This was committed a while ago, when #9521's topic branch was merged.

#5 Updated by anonym over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Fix committed to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF