Update user docs for pinentry vs clipboard
Type of work:
With #11239 solved, it is now possible to paste passwords into pinentry that were copied to the clipboard. This might be worth mentioning as an alternative to KeePassX + auto-type.
Remove obsolete doc (Will-fix: #11339)
This section was added as a workaround since it was not possible to
copy and paste into Pinentry. This is now possible again as of #11239 so
let's remove this section.
Being able to copy and paste is the expected behavior and shouldn't need
to be explicitly mentioned here (especially since we don't have a
dedicated page for Pinentry).
- Related to Feature #11239: Ship pinentry-gtk2 from jessie-backports added
sajolida, can you take this? In any case, I doubt there's no time to get it into Tails 2.3 even though the fix will be in it.
- Assignee changed from sajolida to anonym
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee changed from anonym to sajolida
These changes seem reasonable, FWIW. I'm sending it back to you because I think you should find someone more suitable for doc reviews. If you cannot, just close it.
- Assignee changed from sajolida to segfault
segfault, as the author of #11239, please review my doc update.
- Assignee changed from segfault to anonym
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
This seems obviously reasonable. I'm not sure to whom I should assign this now. I guess anonym to merge it?
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check deleted (
Also available in: Atom