Feature #5684: Screen locker
Feature #5878: Add a lock screen action to the system menu
Replace "Debian Live user" with a more descriptive full user name
When locking the screen, the full name of the amnesia user appears: "Debian Live user". We could have something nicer. Maybe "amnesia", maybe "Tails".
But does this have to reuse the same name as the one we would choose for #5655, for anonymity reasons? or can we use something specific for Tails?
Enter a name into the Thunderbird account configuration.
After we set the "Full user name" to the empty string, nothing is
pre-filled into this obligatory field.
- Assignee set to intrigeri
- QA Check set to Info Needed
Assigning to intrigeri who's assignee for #5655 to have a first opinion on whether we should wait for #5655 to use the same display name or if we can find something specific to Tails.
- Assignee changed from intrigeri to sajolida
(There's been a misunderstanding: I was assigned to #5655 only to do #5655#note-11, in order to kill a pending thread frmo my mailmox; I've completed it but forgot to deassign myself. I don't want to add a new task related to that topic on my plate now, since my plan was to drop one.)
- Related to Feature #5655: Share username and hostname amongst all anonymity distributions added
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check deleted (
- Type of work changed from Discuss to Research
(I see security questions that need to be researched, and nothing that's ready to be discussed.)
- Assignee set to segfault
- Parent task set to #5878
- Type of work changed from Research to Code
I think that this should be part of #5878 because #5878 will make the screen locker visible to most users (so far it's available but hidden).
segfault: what do you think?
Regarding which full name to choose, I would put "amnesia" which is the current login and is already refered to in several places in the documentation. This way no more research or discussion are needed and we can jump straight to code.
- Assignee changed from segfault to anonym
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Target version set to Tails_2.6
Marking this for 2.6 until the status of this is clarified, see #5878#note-16.
- Target version changed from Tails_2.6 to Tails_2.9.1
- Target version changed from Tails_2.9.1 to Tails 2.10
Bumping this feature to the new next major release (given 2.8 was cancelled).
I've pushed two commit to our repo's version of the branch:
d52d946 Enter a name into the Icedove account configuration.
19fb574 Make GNOME's default Lock Screen keyboard shortcut use our locker.
Please review'n'merge, segfault! :)
Edit: I meant to post this to #5684, so please post any follow-ups there.
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
Also available in: Atom