WhisperBack saves empty files in offline mode
I was debugging a networking issue on one of my machines and attempted to save a debugging file (both in /home/amnesia and to a usb drive), but in both cases, an empty (0 byte) file was created.
I've also verified that on a second machine without a network cable plugged in.
Boot tails on a machine without networking, or disable in greeter.
Filling in fields
Click submit, dismiss warning about no network
Click submit again, it will offer to save to a local file.
Choose yes, and attempt to save somewhere.
0 byte file
Debugging info in plain/encrypted text for submission via another machine.
Using Tails 2.0.1
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
Reproduced, thanks for the report
- Subject changed from Whisperback saves empty files in offline mode to WhisperBack saves empty files in offline mode
- Assignee set to alant
Alan, can you please take a look?
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
I belive I fixed this bug in WhisperBack master.
- Assignee changed from alant to anonym
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
I tested this py patching a live Tails and it works. Please review.
- Target version set to Tails_2.2
- Status changed from In Progress to Fix committed
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
The fix works, thanks! It's part of WhisperBack 1.7.4, which will be in Tails 2.2~rc1.
- Status changed from Fix committed to Resolved
Also available in: Atom