Deal with November 2016 false positive scenarios
Type of work:
#12 Updated by intrigeri about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
This is about October + November.
- Parts of the test suite (and sometimes large parts of it) have been broken a few times during weeks, which made the analysis very long and painful, not to mention that it decreases the value (for developers) of running tests. IMO it's totally worth it to prioritize fixing temporary test suite breakage very high: we'll have to fix them anyway, and the more we wait, the more work we'll have to do to triage false positives, and the more value we lose from our test suite. Example problems: #11960, #11911, #11906, #11901, #11874
- Recurring issues:
- the usual ones: #11872, #11816, #11786; these are most likely bugs in Tails rather than in the test suite; some of them might be fixed for free in Stretch, we'll see. I guess the Foundations Team should add them to their list of high-prio bugs to fix or workaround in some way.
- #11890 => marked as fragile
- #12045, not sure if it's a bug in the test suite or in Tails Installer
- #11508 => raised priority
- Tickets I had to create: #12040, #12041, #12042, #12043, #12044, #12045, #12046 and #12047. That's a lot, but I doubt that they really are all new problems; likely we were lazy and didn't create them during the last shifts.