Decide if want to have a download only page on /install/download
The installation assistant replaces /download and people are supposed to following installation scenarios from the beginning until the end. Still, right now we have https://tails.boum.org/install/download/ and 2471f1a in web/9323-release-ia adds it as a link from the documentation index.
#1 Updated by sajolida almost 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from sajolida to tchou
- QA Check set to Info Needed
Arguments in favor:
- People might look for such a page. If we want to support this, it shouldn't be the first thing you see but still available somewhere.
- People going on this page might then be lost and fail installing. That's why it shouldn't be the first thing you see :)
- Remove one item from the documentation index.
All-in-all I think that it doesn't hurt to have it and we already have it. But if we want to try to remove it and see if people complain I'm fine with this as well.
#2 Updated by tchou almost 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from tchou to sajolida
I'm wondering if it's not a page dedicated to power users, and If it is, maybe:
- there is some extra wording/information that would be revelant (like the hash to verification by hand, opengpg signature, direct http link...)
- we should have a warning to ask people to use the Installation Assistant except if they know what they are doing
- we shoud not make this page indexed.
#4 Updated by sajolida almost 4 years ago
Additional info: right now Tails Installer from Debian points to https://tails.boum.org/download/ for download. See https://tails.boum.org/install/inc/screenshots/tails_installer_in_debian.png. The .htaccess from web/9323-release-ia will redirect this to https://tails.boum.org/install/. Maybe this could be a use for this page, or otherwise we should fix Tails Installer in Debian to point to https://tails.boum.org/install/debian/usb/.
#7 Updated by sajolida over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee deleted (
- QA Check deleted (
We already have it and no serious arguments were raised against keeping it. Further improvements and how to advertise it can be solved elsewhere and as problems arise.