Update OpenPGP verifications to Tor Browser not opening applications
Type of work:
Since we sandboxed Tor Browser, it's not possible to open applications associated with downloaded files. This breaks the instructions in /doc/get/verify_the_iso_image_using_gnome (soon to be moved to /doc/advanced_topics/openpgp_verification/gnome). We should rewrite them to be Tails-proof and tell to save the file and do the verification from Nautilus instead.
The notification system of Tails 2.0 is different as well, so screenshots need to be adjusted, etc.
Still, that's low prio as the new installation assistant won't require people to following this as much.
- Related to Bug #9285: Tor Browser should not propose to open downloads with external applications added
Temporarily marked this as a known issues on the doc in 115af81.
- Related to Feature #11027: Decide what to do with the old OpenPGP verification instructions added
- Related to deleted (Feature #11027: Decide what to do with the old OpenPGP verification instructions)
- Blocked by Feature #11027: Decide what to do with the old OpenPGP verification instructions added
- Duplicates Bug #8040: Update notification screenshots in the documentation for Jessie added
- Status changed from Confirmed to Duplicate
Changed from "Related to" to "Blocked by" then, thanks!
Also available in: Atom