Project

General

Profile

Bug #10577

WhisperBack does not start on Jessie with French locales

Added by intrigeri about 4 years ago. Updated about 4 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Elevated
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
11/18/2015
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Feature Branch:
Type of work:
Code
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:
WhisperBack

Description

Seems like the string encoding handling wasn't fully ported to the (much saner) Python 3 way of doing things:

amnesia@amnesia:~$ whisperback 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/whisperback", line 33, in <module>
    ui = whisperBack.WhisperBackUI()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/whisperBack/gui.py", line 145, in __init__
    self.backend = whisperBack.whisperback.WhisperBack()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/whisperBack/whisperback.py", line 108, in __init__
    self.__load_conf(os.path.join("/", "etc", "whisperback", "config.py"))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/whisperBack/whisperback.py", line 145, in __load_conf
    exec(code, self.__dict__)
  File "<string>", line 76, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for %: 'bytes' and 'str'

Related issues

Related to Tails - Bug #7755: Migrate WhisperBack to Python 3 Resolved 09/13/2014

Associated revisions

Revision 09daccdb (diff)
Added by intrigeri about 4 years ago

WhisperBack configuration: decode the bytes gettext gives us.

Closes: #10577

History

#1 Updated by intrigeri about 4 years ago

  • Related to Bug #7755: Migrate WhisperBack to Python 3 added

#2 Updated by intrigeri about 4 years ago

Alan, I believe this is a regression brought by your porting work to Python 3 (#7755). Worst case I'll deal with it, but if you have a few hours to put into it this week, I certainly would not mind; if that's the case, please reassign this ticket to you before you start working, so that we avoid duplicated work.

#3 Updated by intrigeri about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

I got a fix locally, will push with a few other changes as soon as I've tested in a real build.

#4 Updated by intrigeri about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

#5 Updated by intrigeri about 4 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (intrigeri)

Also available in: Atom PDF