Bug #10288: Fix newly identified issues to make our test suite more robust and faster
Check that we do not see any error pages in the "I open the address" step.
In the error screenshot I can see that the Tor Browser is showing the "The connection has timed out" page. Something must be wrong with our recent improvements in the '
I open the address ...' step since it accepted this page. Possibly the existing condition isn't enough, but we should also check that we do not see this particular error page, or perhaps any error page. Thoughts?
I agree that checking for any error page would be good to do.
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Parent task set to #10288
kytv, anonym: this has a target version (rightfully I guess), so it needs an assignee. Tentatively assigning to anonym, please sort this out together :)
- Assignee changed from anonym to kytv
- Target version changed from Tails_1.7 to Tails_1.8
- Related to Bug #10381: The "I open the address" steps are fragile added
- Target version changed from Tails_1.8 to 246
- Assignee changed from kytv to anonym
- Target version changed from 246 to Tails_1.8
- Target version changed from Tails_1.8 to Tails_2.0
(We're going to mark as fragile all tests that depend on Tor to have bootstrapped for the moment => not so urgent.)
- Target version changed from Tails_2.0 to Tails_2.2
- Priority changed from Normal to Elevated
- Target version changed from Tails_2.2 to Tails_2.4
- Priority changed from Elevated to Normal
- Target version deleted (
I'm gonna gamble and focus on Chutney (#9521) hoping it will fix this issue.
- Blocked by Feature #9521: Use the chutney Tor network simulator in our test suite added
Did Chutney fix the issue? If yes, please close this ticket.
This ticket does not seem to be part of a deliverable, at least it's not marked as such, so I'm unblocking the parent ticket.
- Status changed from Confirmed to Rejected
- Assignee deleted (
We now have the
the Tor Browser shows the "..." error step instead. Sometimes an error is expected, so this ticket is just a bad idea => rejecting.
Also available in: Atom