Force UTF-8 locale in automated test suite
In the '
the Unsafe Browser works in all supported languages' step we read
config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/tails/browser-localization/descriptions from our Git. It contains some UTF-8 => non-ASCII characters, so if the system locale is non-UTF-8 (e.g. POSIX) then we get this error when we try to operate on it (
split() in this case):
Then the Unsafe Browser works in all supported languages # features/step_definitions/unsafe_browser.rb:25
invalid byte sequence in US-ASCII (ArgumentError)
We should force UTF-8, which can be done with:
Encoding.default_external = Encoding::UTF_8
Encoding.default_internal = Encoding::UTF_8
Force Ruby to use UTF-8 in the automated test suite.
Ruby will default to the system locale, and if it is non-UTF-8,
String-methods will fail when operating on non-ASCII strings.
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
Applied in changeset commit:de75bc1604d6478325f69f922a2cd902055771be.
- Assignee changed from anonym to bertagaz
- QA Check set to Ready for QA
- Feature Branch set to test/10359-force-utf-8
This will hopefully fix the issue on tailstester1.
- Status changed from In Progress to 11
- Assignee deleted (
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass
I've merged this branch after testing it locally.
- Status changed from 11 to Resolved
Also available in: Atom