Project

General

Profile

Bug #10208

Clean up automated test suite dependencies

Added by anonym over 4 years ago. Updated about 4 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Test suite
Target version:
Start date:
09/16/2015
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Feature Branch:
test/10208-clean-up-deps
Type of work:
Code
Blueprint:
Starter:
Affected tool:

Description

It's been a long while since we cleaned up those deps, and it's probable that some can be removed.

One specific point: libxslt1-dev is not available on Debian Sid, and supposedly is not needed since some of us have been running the automated test suite without it on Sid. We should test if it's not needed on Debian Jessie too. At the same time we should check the other dependencies that are not obviously required.

Associated revisions

Revision 4faa817d (diff)
Added by anonym over 4 years ago

libxslt1-dev is not needed by the automated test suite.

I believe it was a dependency of libvirt at some point, but it isn't
any more. It was removed from Sid for a while, and some of us managed
to run tests just fine without it.

Will-fix: #10208

Revision 65681758 (diff)
Added by anonym over 4 years ago

radvd is not needed by the automated test suite.

It was added as a dependency early on, when we depended on an
experimental libvirt, which might have needed it. The test suite runs
well for me without it, unsurprisingly (we don't use IPv6).

Will-fix: #10208

Revision d659eedc (diff)
Added by anonym over 4 years ago

x11-apps is not needed by the automated test suite.

We used xwd for failure screenshots at one point, but now we use
sikuli instead.

Will-fix: #10208

Revision c59cab2c
Added by intrigeri over 4 years ago

Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/test/10208-clean-up-deps' into testing

Fix-committed: #10208

History

#1 Updated by anonym over 4 years ago

libxslt1-dev is not needed on Debian Jessie, so it can be removed.

#2 Updated by anonym over 4 years ago

Two more:
  • radvd: it was added in the beginning, might have been needed for libvirt. The test suite runs well for me without it, unsurprisingly.
  • x11-apps: we used xwd for screenshots at one point, but now we use sikuli.

#3 Updated by anonym over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress

#4 Updated by anonym over 4 years ago

#5 Updated by anonym over 4 years ago

#6 Updated by anonym over 4 years ago

  • Assignee changed from anonym to kytv
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50
  • QA Check set to Ready for QA
  • Feature Branch set to test/10208-clean-up-deps
  • Type of work changed from Research to Code

These are all I could find.

#7 Updated by kytv over 4 years ago

  • Assignee changed from kytv to intrigeri

Looks good to me.

#8 Updated by intrigeri over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to 11
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

#9 Updated by intrigeri over 4 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (intrigeri)
  • QA Check changed from Ready for QA to Pass

Applied the same changes in puppet-tails to the tails::tester class.

#10 Updated by anonym about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from 11 to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF